This is great strategy for revising vocabulary / questions that have been learnt and can be used as a ‘Do now’ or plenary activity. You will need content words / questions on one half of the paper and the definition / answer on the other. The example is from a Science lesson on ‘Forces.’
|force||A force can change the shape of objects and change the way that they are moving.|
- Students put their hands up to find a partner and high 5 each other!
- Student A quizzes student B by asking ‘Do you know what a force is?’
- If Student B can answer great, if not then student A reads out the definition (content word) or answer (to a question).
- Student B then quizzes student A by repeating step 2 and 3.
- They then trade cards so that they both have a new card.
- When they have finished, students put their hands up to find a new partner and repeat steps 2 – 5.
This activity is a great way to develop spoken language, revise key vocabulary and questions.