Very fun but comes with a word of caution! Snowball involves learners throwing pieces of paper at each other! I always warn them that the ‘snowballs’ must be thrown below head height!
Here’s how it works:
- Learners stand facing each other in a line
- They each have a piece of paper:
- Has a key word that they have been learning.
- Has the meaning / definition of that key word.
- On the count of 3 (that’s how I do it) they throw their ‘snowballs’ at one another.
- They then pick up a piece of paper and find their partner e.g. the key word and the definition that match.
- Stand in a circle and each pair take it in turns to read out their key word and definition. The class listens and checks that everyone has found the right partner.
- You can play it again after this.