Top 10 is a great way to review key vocabulary. It is personalised as students create their own list of words that they are learning / have learnt and best of all, from a teaching point of view, it involves little or no preparation on the teacher’s part.
- Choose a topic / content area.
- Students write 10 – 20 words from content area.
- 1 Minute – Partner A guesses what’s on their partner’s list.
- Partner B says yes/no ticks off words that A mentions.
- After 1 minute timer – B must now describe the remaining items to A.
- Repeat by swapping roles.